RCU Forums - View Single Post - Drone hits Army Blackhawk
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2018, 11:03 AM
scottrc

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

[QUOTE=Hydro Junkie;12394967]Actually, it is a close comparison, to the non-R/C public. The media has lumped everything that is R/C into the "drone" camp. You have to remember, you can install a camera on a plane or chopper and have the same basic capabilities as the quad does. The difference is you would actually have to fly it for the whole trip, not just out to where you decide to hit the "home" button[/QUOTE

I must disagree to a point, in that we do not want this comparison to happen yet agree with your statement about fixed wing flying. I have flown my fixed wing FPV and it is a lot more harder to fly and to concentrate. It's practically impossible for anyone with limited flying experience to fly a fixed wing, and even more complicated with a helicopter. Just about all the quads are self flying, or have flying assist features. AMA needs to keep this type of flying separated from the traditional plank flyers if they expect the government to respect traditional flying and flying sites.