RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/4 Scale Pfalz DIIIa
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2018, 11:26 AM
mgnostic

Received 84 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by do335a
Back in the Bad Old Days there was a Pfalz D-IIIa plan and construction article published in the June 1971 issue of Flying Models Magazine (plan no.223, by A. Spievak).

Although it was only 1/6 scale, you might find some useful info there.

There is also a new kit in the works, in 1/3 scale. Check here: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-s...-offering.html.

Again, that may provide some useful information.
Thanks for the info. I think Thayer Syme has the rights to Flying Models and he has their plans catalog on line. I wish Vogel605 all the best with his commercial endeavors. A lot of the motivation for this project is developing and building to my own set of plans. It's about where I want to go next as a modeler. I'll probably re-invent the wheel a couple of times and it is probably impossible to replicate an existing thing without incorporating other's ideas or techniques. If I achieve a flyable result it my not reach the scale standards of some folks and I'm okay with that. If it succeeds it will likely increase the number of 1/4 scale Pfalz D-IIIas by some measurable percentage and if someone feels inspired to top my efforts, so much the better.