RCU Forums - View Single Post - It's coming! Skymaster F-18 1/6 on 2016
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 07:00 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Levi Wags
Fender is yours twin or single? Shame about those cosmetic imperfections as Skymaster have done a good job on my large F16. It’s the first model I’ve had them paint and I was pretty happy.

Gunradd would you go again? Sad how yours ended.
No way I would do it again. I still have not recovered from the loss financially. If you follow the directions to a T and the plane goes down anyway due to improper alignment that could be easy to correct during manufacture or even have instructions that tell you its wrong and how to re align them to the proper angle.

Also the fuel tanks on mine didn't fit in the plane. I tried and tried and even cracked the fuselage a little trying to get them in and they did not fit. That is ignoring the poor shape of them. I had to cut the bad section out and then re glue them together. Fender your tanks on your model should be different.

Another F18 was lost due to what is thought to be flap failure due to the poor set up if you follow the instructions. You need to reverse the linkage in order to get more leverage. Again something else that can be fixed easy with some pictures and better instructions.

I have seen one loose a canopy in flight due to the factory not assembling it correctly. The thing is when you buy this plane you pay extra for the quote (pro assembly installed canopy).. Well its all wrong and does not work and needs work to make work.

I know of 4 of these planes so far that have been lost due to one reason or another. I need a plane with a longer life span on my budget. If they would just put a little effort into the finishing touches this plane would be great.

Fender here is a picture of my flap covers... You can see how they are all different colors. This made it a challenge to figure out where they went since you would think they would match the colors. The instructions don't show them so your on your own to figure it out.

The plane is a challenge in a crosswind on the ground. The main struts are pretty soft so she leans very bad and can be hard to keep straight and its easy to drag a wing tip even with both wheels on the ground.

Good luck with it. It has great presence and flies very light. Do everything possible the keep everything for the engines separated. If I did one again I would fly it on a single K210 or K260 with less fuel and have fun with it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	17626303_1723788404301831_2946592916726907247_n.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	2250674