RCU Forums - View Single Post - Gyros in Pattern
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 08:09 AM
OhD

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by MAVROS
Jim sorry mate but I totally disagree with you.

F3A Pattern flying is Aerobatics for the purist.........I fly full size aircraft for living and I can tell you it gives me a much greater amount of satisfaction putting my GALACTIK through its paces without the aid of Gyros ...just me and the elements.

Whats killing the sport is the cost of the airframes.......in some cases as much as a small car....no youngster can afford that.

Unfortunately we have lost the skills of building models and the top end manufacturers are taking advantage of us.

Also we need to make the lower class schedules easier to encourage more people .

IMHO

Regards
A purist is one who desires that an item remains true to its essence and free from adulterating or diluting influences. If we were purists we'd be building our own models with 10cc engines. We wouldn't' need to fly in any particular direction with any particular position. I was there. Maybe pattern would still be growing if we hadn't changed the rules

In the words of Lou Holtz "In this world you're either growing or you're dying so get in motion and grow."

Just stirring the pot.

Jim O