RCU Forums - View Single Post - BVM Composite Bandit Build Thread. Yes from 1998.
Old 01-11-2018, 09:07 AM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

So for the gear doors, I cut them out on the specified scribe lines. After reading more threads and seeing pics, I noticed that many people cut the gear door out so it it longer and attaches to the wing. I think originally with the way BVM had it, you glue the actuator into fuse? So this is another bolt and connection to make when removing the wings. Then you can glue the actuator into the bay and the door and actuator always stay on the wing when you remove the panel.

I decided to do this mod, I glued the actuator to the panel so it sets in the bay. The difference is that when I remove my door, the door and actuator stay. with the panel. The down side to this is that if I use the BVM quick disconnects in the stock spot for the actuator, the panel will be attached to the wing via the air lines. I already glued my quick disconnect wood in, and I dont care to to modify it. I already cut my doors out too so Id have to extend them with wood to get it to work.

So I will just use airline and robart quick disconnects into the fuse. This means when I remove the panel the airlines and diconnects with come with it.
Nows the time to tell me the error in my ways! It was a work around I came up with before I knew another work around already existed.

The white stuff on there is filler I need to sand off. I filled the spaces with balsa since I used a dremel to cut everything out I lose a bit more material. But I spare 9 hours and $300 in razor saws!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20180111_105921.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	2250675   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180111_105856.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	2250676  

Last edited by essyou35; 01-11-2018 at 09:10 AM.