RCU Forums - View Single Post - It's coming! Skymaster F-18 1/6 on 2016
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 09:58 AM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Mine is the twin, I just heard about the other crashes and the flap failure which is why I inspected this area after unboxing. The flap design is geometrically not correct which causes bending/binding and ultimately fatigue. This alone is not safe, sure it will fly but I’m like Gun I can’t buy products with the life expectancy like a Vietnam Helicopter Pilot!
Cosmetic stuff I can deal with yes, but just tell me you cannot do it correctly, that way I can save the money and do it myself.

Gun my hinge covers are all the wrong color as well plus one of my wing tip missile rails is half tan and half brown. The instructions on this jet are by far the worst I have seen. This is why I do builds but because I’m so disappointed with this jet I don’t even want to do my usual build. I have built jets from just about all the manufacturers and this is the worst so far. It just seems rushed and not very well thought out.

What’s worse after talking to the some different companies it seems the US market is vanishing so other companies are not producing so instead getting more options we just get this.