RCU Forums - View Single Post - It's coming! Skymaster F-18 1/6 on 2016
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 09:58 PM
marquisvns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As with flaps set up, if you are like me, looking for those scale heavy draggy flaps that will deploy all the way down, then you definitely need to compromise a bit of the wing trailing edge and run your rod to the top side leading edge of the flap to receive. If you are ok with only a mild 15 degree flaps, then just about anything should work.

As with the jet rolls left and right on its main, it is so true, but one'll get used to it by flying it on the ground, like none stop. Another band aid to this problem offered from SM is to deflate pressure of the oleo and let the jet bottom out, but I'd say don't do it.

One issue I do have is the wing pylons for the tanks, when installed, the tanks looked straight and level when they should have good margin of negative angle of incidence. The stock set up when tanks installed, really impaired how the jet should fly.

I would say that this jet is definitely not an entry level scale jet and does take quite a bit of work to make it work. Once you do, it's all worth it.

Regards,
Barry