RCU Forums - View Single Post - JR/Spek Satellite Rx Question??
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 05:04 AM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

I have used long (e.g. 36") extensions before. I did NOT have any problems (i.e. a problem for me being the number of fades on one remote significantly increasing in comparison to the other Remotes).

Fade = Main unit is unable to decode a frame from a Remote causing the unit to switch to decoding the same frame from the next Remote.
Frame Loss = The main unit is unable to decode the same frame from all of the Remotes.
Hold = The main unit is unable to decode 45 sequential frames.

In order to arm a Rxer with remotes, the main unit needs a certain number of remotes working (e.g. AR 9020 needs two of it's three working to arm.) But once it is armed, if a remote RXer fades (i.e. it's packet unable to be decoded), the unit keeps working until it sees 45 sequential Frame Losses and registers a Hold.

Most newer Spektrum Transmitters and the newer Rxers provide telemetry data at the Transmitter. After an initial flight, I check for fades and reposition Remotes that give extreme number of fades (e.g. three times higher than the others two or three remotes.) I have only seen one Frame Loss, w/o a hold too, in 6 years of flying jets and giants, and at times I get my planes way out there.The only holds I have seen have been on crashes. Point being, if your seeing frame losses, its time to figure out what needs to be changed. Holds can be rather unforgiving.

Last edited by Len Todd; 01-12-2018 at 05:06 AM.