RCU Forums - View Single Post - Insurance cost for turbine flying in your country:
Old 01-14-2018, 08:47 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

It's similar in Canada. You will pay your club dues which of course vary from club to club but our national organization is MAAC. Our yearly membership is $80 Canadian (roughly 60USD) and is primary insurance. I can't remember for sure at the moment but I believe that gives us $2,000,000 in liability insurance. The laws in Canada pretty much limit us to flying at a maac sanctioned field here and the field sanction carries another 2 or 3 million in liability insurance. Our coverage also covers us at out of country events provided we are following maac rules or the foreign countries rules (whichever are the stricter of the 2. Example, we do not have a speed limit in Canada, however if flying in the USA we must adhere to the 200mph AMA limit. Since the 200mph limit is the stricter of the rules, AMA members flying at a Canadian event must continue to adhere to the 200mph limit despite there being no speed limit here)