RCU Forums - View Single Post - HPI Jumpshot gearbox and thoughts about Bliz/Firestorm
Old 01-17-2018, 05:38 AM
badnab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPI Jumpshot gearbox and thoughts about Bliz/Firestorm

So I own a HPI Jumpshot for about 3-4 months now and after recently my brushed motor burned I decided it will be cheaper to replace it with a brushless system, so I got one in AliExpress.

It has been running fine and I have got through couple of packs, but on the last run gearbox started rattling. I have read on the forums that this might be idler gear issue as inside of gearbox is all plastic and when I opened it up - I confirmed the issue.

Was searching forums for workarounds on how this could be fixed, one of the guys suggested to make a central diff, however I did not find any examples or tutorials on how it's done, plus gearbox is sitting on the back of the car.

Just recently, one of the guys on local used RC marketplace posted a HPI Blitz without electronics. It comes with a metal gearbox, so idler gear would not be a problem and started thinking if I should transfer all electronics to Blitz and go for a short course bash. Though, it's my main concern - as I mainly use Jumpshot for bashing and fun - and it's doing great at not breaking - I was thinking that Blitz may not be as fun and could be more challenging through rougher terrain. On the plus side, Blitz also has more upgrade parts than Jumpshot (which has only spur gears on official site if we ignore integy upgrade parts).

Need your thoughts, suggestions