RCU Forums - View Single Post - What has changed in 8 years?
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2018, 01:13 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kksiu2002
Hi.
..... I think it was the complexity that made it no fun any more...like it was too stressful.
...so I don't really learn about the short stubby 2.4 Gz transmissions or mess with Lithium batteries. I want to keep things as simple and relaxed as possible (ASAP). I think glow and FM is what I'm most comfortable with.

What do you think?
What I think is that you may be contradicting yourself. But It's your money, you spend it how you want. Keep on reading....

Here's my take:

72mHz is still legal to use with the FCC, so whatever you find it is still useable. But the options and opportunities really open up if you are willing to spend some time to "understand" (because you don't need to learn) the new radios with the stubby antennas.

If you say that the complexity is what drove you away the first time, what will be different with glow this time? The most user-friendly equipment right now is the plug-and-play electric systems. No glow plugs to fiddle with, no carb needles to adjust. No starter, no glow plug heater, no field box.

Don't take me wrong, Most of my fleet is glow or gas powered, but the quote above is what prompted me into writing this.

You simply cannot beat 2.4 Ghz and an electric set-up if you want simplicity.

Hope this helps a bit

Rafael