RCU Forums - View Single Post - hobao hyper VSe 1/8 buggy video: many flips, many crashes. quintuple backflip ?
Old 01-30-2018, 01:08 PM
werner sline

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hobao hyper VSe 1/8 buggy video: many flips, many crashes. quintuple backflip ?

i bought this hobao hyper vse buggy and thought why not make some backflips with this thing !
hobao hyper vse roller : 250USD
my previous videos ( buggy tricktionary 2017 ) show a double backflip. so i thought hey let's try a triple backflip !
and guess what : it went beyong what i expected ! i let you do the count ! be warned, this videos show many flips !

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/c4RrCoeM2PA" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

you may want to know if the hobao did a good job : yes it did !!
- no arms broke ! no wing mount broke ! no diff box broke !
but :
some dogbones bent on hard impacts ; i had to hammer them back! - i had to put longer screws to help holding the plastic hingepins holder. so i ordered the aluminium hop up parts
- the body was ripped apart by the tires expending on 5s lipo
- a piston in a shock broke, a shock rod end broke
- the front shocktower bent a bit, i could hammer it back!

so no big deal for me. some reknown and TWICE more expensive buggies i have bashed broke before the hobao hyper vse !
so i'm overall really happy with this buggy. i have some more silly things to film with this car.

you may wonder why it steered to the left or to the right when it was doing the quintuple backflip : that's because of the soft servo saver. yes, there is so much force involved when the tires turn at high speed that it may steer by itself ! i will modify the servo saver to make it stiffer we will then see if it backflips better !!

Last edited by werner sline; 01-30-2018 at 01:13 PM.