RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba 14SG conditions delay issue.
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2018, 05:17 AM
bladeskiller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 14SG conditions delay issue.

Last week i purchased a new futaba 14sg to replace my 10CG. The problem arised during setting up my boomerang sprint, to fly it using my new transmitter (previously i used to fly it with the 10CG). I have set it as a 2A+1F glider and I use the same switch for flaps control and conditions, to set the proper elevator trim for middle and full flaps during the flight and used the delay option to avoid abrupt reactions of the plane as trim changes from one condition/flap setting to another. The same i had done with my 10CG. BUT what i noticed is that, when changing conditions, time delay option affects not only the trim offset of a channel (i.e. elevator) but also slows down the stick commands!!! It's easy to understand the disastrous results that may be caused by this "characteristic" (call it software bug) because of limited control during transition from one condition to another.
There are two solutions for that problem. First is not to use delay option. Of course it can't be considered as a real solution ,so let's get to the next solution that i found it to work for me. Suppose we need elevator compensation for flaps ballooning with trim delay ,using conditions. Here is what is need to be done.

1. STEP. Go to "function" menu and remove the trim T2 from elevator channel.
2.STEP. In the same menu, choose an unused channel, set as control nothing and T2 as trim.
3.STEP. Go to the programming mix menu, select one of them and get into it's submenu.
4.STEP. Set the channel that has been selected in step 2 as master and the elevator channel as slave.
5.STEP. Set the trim option active and, if two elevator channels are used (ailvator), set slave link active.
6.STEP. Set the mix ACT without a switch (always active).
7.STEP. Set the mixing rate +100% in both directions.
8.STEP. Go to conditions menu, set elevator delay to zero and set the required delay to the master channel (selected in step 2).

That's all. Now delay does not affect elevator channel stick commands but slows down the master channel and it's trim that is linked to the elevator channel. And because there is no control linked to the step 2 channel (say dummy channel), it remains centered and does not affect the elevator channel except by changing it's trim. The result is that what i need. To slow down the trim changes during transition from one condition to another but NOT the stick commands.
BUT, I wonder why did Futaba softwaremen make all the above procedure necessary (and sacrifice one channel for every stick controlled surface that needs conditioned trim with delay) for everyone that needs to use the delay option in conditions.