RCU Forums - View Single Post - Alchemy Electric Build (CK Aero)
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2018, 03:29 PM
Stuart Chale

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Alchemy Electric Build (CK Aero)

I always like to read build threads. I have learned much of my building techniques from them and by writing my own hopefully I am sharing what I have found to work well. Putting what I found works best all in one place. Best as in straight, adequately strong and light at the same time. Also allows others to chime in with their ideas of what works best for them and we all keep learning. Then there is the selfish part of making these threads. They become a record for me to go back to, to see how I did something and if I was not happy with something what was different on the build before My last build was my Allure. I modified the battery tray somewhat (maybe forgot to add the blind nut ply supports is a better way to put it) and I lost a new battery and canopy because of it. Luckily I did not lose the plane. Reviewing my Mythos build showed that I had the additional ply support under the blind nuts. In my Allure the blind nut holding the battery hold down pulled through the tray launching the battery and canopy into the brush or trees never to be seen again.

I have been very happy with the flying characteristics of the Allure especially with the Contra in it. No need for excess vertical fin add-ons to stabilize it. I have had the Contra in 3 planes before the Allure and all three required additional vertical fin side area although I have to say that the Mythos flew very well with it once added.
So the natural stable mate for my Allure had to be Bryan's next design the Alchemy. Looks a little different with a different canopy placement smaller thinner horizontal stabs different shape to the vertical fin/rudder and a chin cowl which was not on the Allure electric version. Landing gear attachment has also changed.
Took me a while to get used to the looks of the Allure and not sure I think the Alchemy looks any better. There are "sexier" planes out there but of course all that matters is how it flies and looks in the air.
When I purchased the Allure I had it painted in a custom scheme in yellow based on Bryan's Shinden color scheme with the bottom painted like his USA team plane. The straighter lines and yellow base work better for my "getting older" eyes
So the Alchemy was painted in essentially the same pattern. I even have my pattern plane that I use in Real Flight with the same color scheme.

Hopefully this will be of some interest.
Stuart Chale
D1 pilot

As it comes out of the box:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1118.JPG
Views:	554
Size:	1.90 MB
ID:	2253920   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1119.JPG
Views:	489
Size:	1.89 MB
ID:	2253921   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1120.JPG
Views:	441
Size:	2.19 MB
ID:	2253922  

Last edited by Stuart Chale; 02-08-2018 at 09:12 PM.
The following users liked this post:
orthobird (06-08-2021)