RCU Forums - View Single Post - old timers look here must be 50+ years only
Old 02-13-2018, 10:56 PM
Telemaster Sales UK

Received 146 Likes on 123 Posts

Gentlemen I was fortunate enough to acquire an Enya 19 X Model No 4101 at a swap meet at Chateauroux on Sunday. Five of us crowded into a Dacia for the 50km (30 mile) journey. I paid 10€ for it which is $12.25US or £8.86 Sterling. It's a bit grubby but it turns and the carburetter opens and closes. However, the air bleed screw is missing and there is no O ring under the carburetter. I screwed an ordinary M2 bolt into the air bleed hole and lacking a suitable spring I secured it in place with an off-cut of fuel tubing.

By Monday all of the snow had melted and it was a nice sunny day so rather than doing anything more important I set up the Enya in the test stand and got it to run. The slow running was a bit erratic but with a little more time and an O ring I will be able to get it to run well.

I also ran up an HB 20 and an Irvine 20. The HB I bought as spare parts on eBay together with a complete Webra 40 for next to nothing. No-one wants two-stroke glows these days! The carburettor lacked its fuel nipple but I found one amongst my souvenirs. It was a bit small so I epoxied it in place. Again the HB ran well at high speed but it needs a little more adjustment to get the slow running reliable. The Irvine, fitted with a new aftermarket carburetter ran best of all. Must build a suitable model for one of these little engines one day.

It's dawn here as I type this and the snow returned yesterday afternoon and settled overnight. The road outside my house is pretty slippery. I've just watched the kid from the local restaurant ride off to college on his two-stroke trail bike. He got it all crossed up on the bend but he held it. We all had to learn didn't we? If he skids on the return trip there is a ready made gap in my hedge for him to ride through!

Picture of the Enya attached.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Enya 19 small.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	2.28 MB
ID:	2254621  

Last edited by Telemaster Sales UK; 02-13-2018 at 10:59 PM.