RCU Forums - View Single Post - Older Newbie... Traxxis Stampede 4x4 Too Much?
Old 02-17-2018, 09:57 AM
Jonbass

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently got into rc with my son. I got a 2WD slash for myself and a 2WD stampede for my son. I know that there are newer trucks out there but there are a ton of upgrades and parts for the slash and stampede. I live pretty far away from any hobby stores so I ordered a bunch of replacement parts but I haven’t needed them. They are really durable.
I havent run brushless but I think the main considerations with the speed of brushless is that they are harder to control for a beginner and you are more likely break parts. I am pretty happy with brushed but I think I will try upgrading to a brushless system this summer.
a 2s Lipo battery and charger is good to have. 5000mah. The run times are really long Generally my 6 year old loses interest before we even run through a charge. We have never even used the included niMh batteries.
My only regret was not going 4wd. Easier to control and can handle more terrain. We are driving in snow right now.
The training mode was great for my 6 year old son to learn. He’s getting prettying good at driving.
I actually find my sons stampede a bit more fun to drive than my slash. It is a good choice.
Stampede is a good place to start. If you are just looking to jump and bash the lower and wider Armma Granite or ECX ruckus seem like they would be good in the air.
Good luck!