RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dromida Vista, my experience
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 09:08 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dromida Vista, my experience

Hi folks, New flier here. Last year I decided to get a Vista. Inexpensive to buy, and parts are cheap. I learned to fly it. Very amusing. However, I got too cocky and got one stuck on the top of a tree. (About a year later it finally came down, non-functional) I bought another one. This time, I managed to get it hung on a power line. 😰 It eventually got removed by a hawk or more likely a raven or crow. Also, non-functional. Bought number three. Again, I got cocky, and lost that one in a forrest when it apparently got out of range. You think I'd learn, right?

Eventually, bought another one. Determined to only fly it in my neighbor's humongous front yard. We're talking acres here. Took it out for its maiden flight, got too close to a tree and cut the throttle. It wasn't moving fast, and only dropped about eight feet onto grass. No biggie, done that many times with the other ones. Picked it up to launch again, and it flips over and crashes. Tried a ground launch, and it flips over. Debugging, I found that the non-functional motor would work if I held the quad upside down, but the opposite motor now wouldn't work. The flight controller was foinked. ***? How many times did I crash my other ones? They never failed. This one must be defective. I convinced A-Main to take it back and send me another one. SAME THING happened to number five! Crashed onto the grass, went to launch again....foinked. Again, ***?

Ok. Truth be told, both fatal crashes were onto WET grass. That is the only thing I can think of. Wet grass killed my quads. 😫 . Alright, I was highly annoyed, but dang it, I wanted to fly! So I ordered a new main board. To protect this one from moisture, I sprayed it with Plasti-dip. Used it before on car ESCs to waterproof them. I put the new board in the Vista and took it out for a check flight. It flipped over. 😭 . The brand new main board was foinked! Really??? The main board is SO SENSITIVE that it cannot take ANY moisture, or a waterproofing spray?? ¥€&¿%£©#!!!! I took the whole kit and kaboodle and tossed it in the garbage. I'm done.

Too bad too. I thought the Vista was a perfect beginner quad. It certainly can take hits and hard landings. But apparently, ANY amount of moisture will kill it. That just seems really lame to me. I mean, they couldn't have put some kind of coating on the board to protect it from moisture at the factory? Sheesh!

I still want a quad. So, I'm gonna try a laTrax Alias. The Aton looks like a better machine, (larger, brushless motors, GPS) but at this point, I'm not willing to drop $300 on one.
​​​​​