RCU Forums - View Single Post - Reaction 54 Jet Kit
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2018, 07:03 AM
SALMONBUG
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's a long time I didn't post. Simply because I had nothing special to share, my R54 is turning 100 procent stock and everything I could writte about the building is describe in the excellent and pleasant to read assembly book. I like the humour in the booklet that make you smile when time come to make a boring or difficult task

I share here two pics
The first one show a general vue of the progress plane and the second one show a close view of a minor mod I made.
When i went trough the assembly booklet I realised that the building process ask you to accurately position the stab several time ( especially in the pushrods setup process). Either the stab can be accurately positioned by placing the fin (once the hole in the balsa stab mount are done for the fin post and the small square blocks are glued in the bottom to hold fin posts). I considered this could be cool to accurately dry fit the stab easily without having to use pins, place the wing for measurement or place the fin ( turn the fuse upside down or move the fuse during pushrods without waving the fin in the way is cool.....
That why I placed 3 short balsa dowels, they go trough the stab and the balsa stab mount. They are glued to the stab permanently with wood glue ( for easy sanding) but are of course not glued to the stab mount yet).
I admit that the dowels are a bit overkilled (8mm dia), but they do the job perfectly and that's what was laying in the scrapwood box.
The holes aren't drill 90 degrees they are drilled such an angle that will allow to slide the stab leading edge curvature in place under the top fuselage sheeting ( hope you understood what I want to describe using my poor english)
Click image for larger version

Name:	1519482464-img-0132.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	1.97 MB
ID:	2255778
Click image for larger version

Name:	1519482467-img-0133.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	2.35 MB
ID:	2255780