RCU Forums - View Single Post - ALPA: Repeal Section 336
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2018, 08:57 AM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dionysusbacchus
PAYING member? Wow, don't break the bank, they should send you updates by the minute for all the cash you lay out and send you a private jet to pick up a hard copy of the EC minutes. I get everything I need from the AMA, for only $75 a year, I spend that on lunch for my friends after a morning of flying. It seems that being so concerned about what everyone is doing on a day by day basis you need to run for office in the AMA. Certainly crying on here will not be that effective.

Are you talking about a small model airplane organization being less effective than the federal government? You have been listening to Franklin Mellot to much, he wants the repeal of 336 and he wants the AMA to fail. He trolls all over the web against the AMA and wants more big government in everyone's life, but then he will post a "Don't tread on me" flag, go figure. He even acts like an AMA member, in one post on the other forum he says he sent an Email to "his VP" in the AMA and was complaining that the VP did not get back to him. They know Franklin at the AMA, they will not be getting back to that troll. Franklin is not an AMA member, he has no VP in the AMA! LOL! Very strange man, that is all I got to say.
If you want to pay AMA to perform functions they're clearly not performing, that is your business. That staff accounts for 1/4 of every AMA member's dollar, and many of us want to see them do the jobs they're being paid to do.

I am indeed a member, so yes I have a VP. Didn't send an email to my VP? How about the email I sent him proposing a discounted rate for active duty E5 and below, that was voted on and approved by the EC and approved? Or how about the email I sent Dave M recommending in light of the Fairview Flyers experience, he talk about how to lose a field? Which he did in a column not long afterwards. And what about the email I sent to Rich with the response I received from the FAA to my "...within the programming" question? He quoted that in his February column. So yes, I am a member, and they are listening, as evidenced above. And thanks to my analysis of their financial performance, other members are now asking them questions now too. That is a good thing ... being accountable to members for how they spend the members money.

Thankfully we're allowed to have our own opinions and we are not required to be automatons, repeating the AMA's talking points whether we agree or not. Others have seen my email to the FAA, and have written their own - receiving similar responses. That's certainly having an impact.