RCU Forums - View Single Post - Guinness Record improved
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2018, 06:35 AM
Vmax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys,
thanks alot for the congrats. And I guess I need to clear things up.
Here are the guidlines and you will recognize that a drone does not fit into this. Shui's record is remarkable for such a big plane. But there is or was no class or category for planes with or without gear, stabilizer, flaps and so on ever. It was someone's OPINION! And it manifests itself in peoples mind.
The DS guys fly very fast but they do not fit in the category. I think they are not able to fly an average speed in two opposite directions. Go through it and I hope that it will give everybody an idea what this record stands for.

Niels

Record definition

• This record is for the fastest speed that a radio controlled model aircraft can achieve.
  • This record is to be attempted by an individual or a team of unlimited size.
  • This record is measured in kilometres per hour (km/h) and the equivalent given in miles per hour (mph).

Rules for Fastest remote-controlled jet-powered model aircraft (RC)

1. The model aircraft must be sufficiently small scale to qualify as a model (as opposed to a normal aircraft that that happens to be radio controllable). This is at the discretion of GWR. As a rule of thumb, it should be small enough so that a person could not fit or be transported by the aircraft.
  2. So called “drones” that are manufactured for military or other commercial purposes are excluded from this category.
  3. Accurate methods of measuring the aircraft’s speed must be used for this attempt, such as calibrated radar guns or telemetry systems. The methods must be pre-approved by Guinness World Records.
  4. The record attempt must take place over a base at least 200 m (656 ft 2 in) long, and it must be traversed in both directions without any intermediate landing. The mean of the two speeds of the two runs over the timing base gives the record speed.
  5. A 100 m (328 ft 1 in) entry to the course is allowed for the aircraft to gain momentum.
  6. The altitude of the model aircraft must remain below 35 m (114 ft 9 in) and above 5 m (16 ft 4 in) during the 100 m entry and the course. These altitudes are measured from the point where the pilot is standing.