RCU Forums - View Single Post - Asking for some veteran help building my first Gas/Nitro Kit!
Old 02-28-2018, 01:45 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

This is where I get a little "bent". In my way of thinking, there are two areas in a build that you ABSOLUTELY DO NOT SKIMP: EPOXY and RADIO GEAR
Since I use West Systems marine epoxy for all my builds, I always have a quart sized can of resin around, not to mention medium sized cans of four different hardeners. If you only plan on the one build, I'd go with the quart sized resin and small sized cans of either slow or very slow and coating hardeners, numbers 206, 209 and 207. My reason for this is simple, one quart sized can will cover your build, seal coating and repairs while the three hardeners will give you some flexibility in working time between the 206 and 209 hardeners while the 207 hardener will make the epoxy flow better as well as work with fiber glass. If you want your epoxy to cure harden quicker, you can get the 205 "quick cure" hardener as well. The reason I recommend this is it will give you plenty for reworks and repairs later. I'm not a fan of the equal part epoxies as they have never worked well for me. Conversely, West Systems has never failed me