RCU Forums - View Single Post - Aeroworks 50cc Extra 300 QB - All Up Weight?
Old 03-01-2018, 01:05 PM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

Mine came in at 17.5lbs dry. I used a DA-60 on mine with Pitts style muffler. I never checked the thrust but is had no problem with unlimited vertical. I never had a smoke system in it so that is probably why the difference in weight. I do use a big sub C 5 cell NiCad for the ignition. To get the CG at the AFT end of the range my ignition pack is just behind the rudder servo. With a 1/2 tank of fuel or less I have to push the nose down on final or it will balloon a little. But it will nearly land its self with the power 2 clicks over idle. It is VERY stable. Iv'e had the CG further forward but prefer it back. At my current setting inverted flight is hands off. Knife edge takes 1% of up ELEV to knife edge right wing down and 2% left wing down. Neither direction needs and AILE input. We are only 2,000ASL here so that's gonna hurt you a little.
Only negative on this bird. It will snap right 90 degrees with a lot of ELEV and low power.( I fly with a bunch of throw) It's manageable and stops after the 90 degree roll.(at least mine does). Also don't try and crawl it in on final. Keep those two clicks above idle or the bottom will fall out. Mine does not tip stall but will pancake the gear.

Best of luck! Post back how you like it.
David