RCU Forums - View Single Post - Retract question-VQ B-26K
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 07:54 PM
Bob Paris
My Feedback: (13)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

HI,
The VQ retract nose gear is not something I would recommend. The main gear for the A-26 are workable, but mine did not fully retract into the engine wheel wells....but work. I used E-Flights nose gear and it is useable. Make sure you have your model has a slightly nose high posture when sitting on the ground. Actually you can use E-Flights .40 size retracts in the model and will do the job for you. Power your airframe with any engine from .25's to .32's and do not use .40 to .46's as the instructions call out for. The model is very fast in the air and its a rocket ship with a pair of .46's. I installed .46's and even with fixed gear it was the fastest ship on our field. Faster then .40 powered 500 racers and I flew the course with them and flew past them. It needs power to land...so when you land, fly it down to the run way with power and cut power only when close to touch down. If flies well in wind, and very maneuverable. The plastic that comes with the kit for cowls and nacelles are useable, but not very user friendly and prone to crack. The model turned out heavy for its size...but it flies up a storm once airborne. Make sure your engines are broken in and have a solid idle.

Also when epoxying in your stab...make sure its set even...my kit had an off set one how the stab set in the fuse....just a caution.

Soft Landings Always,
Bobby of Maui