RCU Forums - View Single Post - OS MAX 35 FP Start problems
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2018, 07:35 PM
hsukaria

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PMracer
BEYOND DESPERATION MODE !!
YES previously I did that too !! Had the back plate off to check condition of gasket and it was fine, had head off just to look around and reset it, then I removed carb to check "O-ring" and it to was good. I figured since it was an older piece that was some of the first things I did.

aspeed,
I did as promised and tried word for word your directions and I got it to run for at least an extended period. The thing I had not been doing was running it with the muffler. Now for the "BUT" I still can't get any RPM out of it. With everything as you stated it would start and even when I advanced the throttle there was only a very slight increase in RPM i'm guessing no more than 3 to 4000 (prop is a 10-6 should't be over propped for a 35) and when I tried to close the needle by reducing it 1/2 to 1 turn it would die. Also this is with out the igniter disconnected & the engine on its own.

I have an additional question on the fuel: the fuel is 3 years old but it has been stored in original sealed container 10% nitro 18% castor and balance meth. Although I ask about this I must state that 2 or 3 days ago I switched out the engine on the stand with an old 35 McCoy Red Head and it ran up just fine, so I have been assuming the fuel is good, what think you ???
Made some headway, but not enough to keep me from bugging you guys, but enough to keep me on the roof for now !! (HUMOR)
Thanx,
Bob B.
I had a fuel jug that sat in my basement for 11 years (and an engine). I was able to start the engine right away. As long as it was in a cool and relatively dry place with the red cap, it should be fine.