RCU Forums - View Single Post - Frsky radios with jets?
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2018, 11:05 AM
sidgates
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I built model radios control sets for 16 years, closed in 1983. When I stared flying high value models a few years ago I started looking for the best RF link I could find with airspeed sensors. At that time I settled on Weatronic for RF link and the promise of good telemetry. The RF link has been very reliable but the telemetry was very expensive and the company didn't have good support in the US. Four years ago I and 2 close friends decided to try the Taranis. All 3 have been faultless except for some minor mechanical issues. We did not like the feel of the gimbals and that was solved my hand making metal centering arms for the gimbals.

I like Ravill am very cauious about what I test a new radio in. After 4 years I have put the Taranis in a Top Gun F-15 with turbine but have not had the weather to test fly it yet. I have flown the Taranis in everything from foamies to 1/4 scale models at this point. Several in my local area have purchased the Taranis since we did and one guy received a defective (short range check) receiver which was immediately replace by Aloft.

When a modeler shows an interest in the Taranis the first thing I do is show him the programing. It is hard for some people to grasp but very powerfull.