RCU Forums - View Single Post - Asking for some veteran help building my first Gas/Nitro Kit!
Old 03-19-2018, 06:47 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I don't know when you're going to pull the trigger on getting the kit but Joe at Zippkits is getting ready to roll out a newer lower-profile Easy-Vee called the Super-Sport. A prototype will be at the Toledo Show in 2 weeks.
Plan on using a lot of epoxy. A good wood glue like Tite-Bond II or III comes in handy for a lot of areas although isn't mentioned in the Easy-Vee manual. Get a LOT of clamps of all sizes. Pay close attention to where the stringers come together at the nose. Make sure all parts fit properly as some pieces you can get wrong. Test fit pieces a few steps ahead to make sure everything aligns properly before applying glue.
Joe recommends using a plane to remove excess wood but I'm lazy. I used a Multi-tool for Harbor Freight as it makes quick work of taking it off. The one I built was when he was still using a CNC but ow he's using a laser cutter so parts fit should be more accurate.
Here's a shot of the Super-Sport.