RCU Forums - View Single Post - T1 Models Euro Fighter build
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2018, 07:55 AM
Hot Rod Todd
My Feedback: (1)

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I'll keep them coming. Spring is nearly here, so I plan on getting this thing done in the next few weeks. There's a lot to do.

Next I turned my attention to the landing gear. The doors are pre-hinged and have a tight fit. A little sanding was needed to make sure there was no binding. In the end they fit as well as any I've seen. The main gear fit nicely into the wing and are centered in the wheel wells correctly. It should be no problem to connect the linkage to the wheel cover, but the stock tab is not in the correct location for proper geometry. I made an extension piece out of carbon fiber and glued it using Hysol.
The landing lights were another issue. Getting them to fit around the linkage using the same attachment point was not easy. By rotating the bracket on the light, and counter sinking the screws a bit more than stock, I was able to get clearance. See the photos to check out where they ended up that allows them to retract without interference. Some small spacers and washers helped to allow the ball links to move freely so the door would settle perfectly into the cutout when retracted.

That's all for now. I'll post more as I get it done.

Door modification installed

Carbon fiber piece that I made

Left gear leg linkage installed

Right gear leg linkage installed