RCU Forums - View Single Post - YS 63S Surges Above Half Throttle
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2018, 10:25 AM
ben beyer
My Feedback: (23)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kenh3497
Surging is normally associated with a lean condition. Are you running a fuel filter on the engine? If not you should be. Clean fuel is a necessity with YS's. Does the pressure in the tank hold for a good amount of time or does it go away in just a few minutes. Check the regulator diaphragm. If it is distorted, you might consider replacing it. Also check the plunger. In my experience a good cleaning usually fixes that problem. I have had to clean the regulator two or three times to have a satisfactory result. Flush the needle valve and fuel lines. While you are working on the engine it might be worthwhile to check the valve clearance for kicks and giggles. I like to use brake parts cleaner. It is convenient in the aerosol can and it evaporates fast so seems to be safe ,at least in my experience, on silicone parts. Some of the less expensive cleaners have a good portion of methanol in them. Just take a gander at the label.

Ken
Thanks Ken. Any tips for cleaning the cleaning the regulator and needle valve?

I.E. put on a new piece of fuel tubing and put that on the end of the straw for the break cleaner or anything like that?

I have never had to do that so I'm just trying to make sure I do it correctly. I am comfortable disassembling and reassembling if need be though. Just want to make sure I disassemble properly though.