RCU Forums - View Single Post - T1 Models Euro Fighter build
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2018, 04:55 AM
Hot Rod Todd
My Feedback: (1)

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I glued in the control surfaces using Hysol. Prior to gluing I went in and made sure I had good clearance for the hinge. Not sure how much throw I'll need with the elevator-aileron mix. Put some vaseline on the hinge joints prior to gluing. They fit tight and lined up well. The factory did a good job on the hinges. Once I ran the wires through I mounted the servos. I used some dubro ends on the stock rods. Because the horns on the surfaces are fairly short I was able to use a short arm on the servo. They had to be cut down a bit to clear the covers. I don't have the covers pictured, but it takes some work to get them to fit. A bit of hogging out to make sure they clear the servo mounts. As you can see on the outer servo below I also had to take some edges off of the mounts to get the cover to clear. The material the covers are made from is a bit brittle. Be careful when drilling. I had to repair a couple of the tabs that broke while I was putting the screw holes in them. The provided small screws are not the greatest. I snapped one off by making the pilot hole too small.
In the end I'm happy with the mounts and the travel the servos provide.

Lots more to come this weekend. We're getting some snow, so I'll be busy working on the Typhoon in the Blizzard.

Servos mounted in the wing