RCU Forums - View Single Post - T1 Models Euro Fighter build
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2018, 05:46 AM
Hot Rod Todd
My Feedback: (1)

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

If you built a jet before, you know it's a challenge to get everything to fit. It's important to figure out where all the controls will be, and make everything accessible. The hatch on the side is the best place to access the controls, so I wanted most of the things I needed to get at located there. I added a piece of carbon fiber to move the air fill valves closer to the edge of the door. I also mounted a jack to plug in the Jet Central control panel. I could have bought a small one to carry on board, but I didn't need it. I'll put some velcro on the hatch and set it there during the start sequence, then unplug it and put it in my pocket before shutting the hatch. I also mounted the air gauges, as well as the receiver power switch and LED towards the front. I made a loop for the fuel fill that will be available there as well. The fuel shut-off valve will be easy to reach inside. Off to the right you'll see the display for the Booma RC battery system, the AR smart switch. This monitors everything on the two receiver batteries.

I mounted the bubble-free tank up in front as well. I made a bracket and used a Velcro strap to hold it in place. I like that I can look inside when the canopy is open and see how well it's filling, as well as make sure there is not much air in there after a flight. In the second photo you can also see where I plan to put the turbine control module and the receiver. There's room on the edge for all of the receiver connection wires to come up from the bottom. Underneath the panel shown I'll mount my main gear air valve. The other four air control valves (brakes, air brake, canopy up, canopy down) will all be in front. I'll show the locations for those soon.

Controls accessible through the hatch

Bubble free tank mount, and everything else