RCU Forums - View Single Post - UPDATE: New photo gallery, photo uploader, and mobile skin COMING March 15, 2018!
Old 03-26-2018, 01:40 PM
IBobi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by szempruw
OK, I sent this complaint to the administrator. Change is good? I'm PC literate and I can't figure out how to work with this picture uploader. Before I uploaded one picture at a time by "Managing Attachments" and was able to insert thumbnail size pictures. I am writing a building blog. So you first write a build story and then add the thumbnail pictures. Guys could then click on a picture to see it bigger with more detail.

Now, I add a picture(s) and it goes inside the post and it is HUGE!! I can't find out how to make it a thumbnail. One picture takes up a LOT OF POST room and if you add 5-6 pictures, you have to scroll down a lot to get to the end of the post to be able to see the next one. This is not user friendly and it is cumbersome. If you could downsize a picture like if it were in a Word document, then you could create a small storybook of your build. Now, a guy posts 7-8 pictures in your blog and it's terrible. I can show you examples that ruin a thread, albeit by good intention. Only the original entry person can delete pictures if too big or edit the post.

Did you guys get any user feedback BEFORE you made changes? And please, if change is good, how about instructions on how to edit this? or insert thumbnails? If I'm missing something, I apologize in advance.

Let me know.
You're not missing anything. You can't make thumbnails any more. Images are all inline now. If you want them smaller than how they upload, you must resize them before uploading, to your desired size.