RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jeti DS-24
Thread: Jeti DS-24
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2018, 10:31 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ozief16
Gary, I fly at one of the fields the Jeti struggles a little bit at. One of the things we’ve discovered is that running the radio in default (ie single path) has yielded significantly better Q values than dual path. If you’re running a CB400 I think it’s fairly easy to run default with a cloned secondary 2.4 for better numbers/link. My guess is it’s due to the antenna useage in the radio (4antennas instead of 2).

The other thing we’ve found is the dipole antennas do a better job than the monopole/coax ones so we’ve gone to Rex12s for our primary rx.

All of this may be irrelevant where you are but on something as nice as a 1/5 I thought I’d best mention it

Dave
The only possible issue with that is that if you're using a REX receiver outputting Ex Bus to a central box the PPM data from the clone or secondary is never sent to Ex Bus. Not sure if this works properly with a regular EX receiver or not but the REX receivers definitely don't pass the PPM stream from a dual path or clone receiver to Ex Bus, only servos attached to the primary receiver. The Assist receiver does pass the PPM data to Ex Bus at least for stabilized Ex Bus output. I'm not sure if a regular Ex receiver works properly or not in this regard.
To test for your self, instead of default mode, select dual path with a PPM secondary connected directly to the primary receiver. If you disable the Primary RF section servos connected directly to the primary will continue working (via PPM from the secondary) but a central box (or Cortex Pro) connected via EX Bus will stop working. It would be nice if someone could confirm whether or not this works properly with a regular EX receiver as the primary or not.