RCU Forums - View Single Post - XG11 Giving me Fits
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2018, 09:04 PM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm duplicating your program on my transmitter. From the Device Sel, I see that you made the aileron and flap pairings which you said you would. If you wish to use the FLAP SW to control the smoke, you can easily change the switch that controls the FLAP SYS to another. In the Device Sel matrix, the left column designates the channel and the middle column is the controlling device. Click on the FLAP [DEVICE] which is listed as the FLAP SW in your post and you will be presented with other switches that can be used for flap control. If you are only using flight modes to switch between the flaps acting as flaps or as ailerons, I would use the same switch for both flight mode and the FLAP SYS. Unless your plane has retractable landing gear, my choice would be the GEAR SW on the XG11.

When channels are paired, the channel names and functions change. You see this happening in the Device Sel menu that you posted and in all the other menus. The XBus menu which has been upgraded to version 12 will also reflect the changes. Unless something is amiss with your XBus software, after the pairing of the aileron and flap, there will be listed RAIL, RFLP, LAIL and LFLP channels; but, no AILE or FLAP channels will be found. For this reason the normal configuration programming should be done before starting work on the XBus.

So the line up of the wing servos from left to right, looking from the rear should be:
LAIL-01; LFLP-01; RFLP-01; RAIL-01

I arbitrarily chose the #1 subchannel for all the wing servos because it is easier for me to remember than numbers two through four. If you had designated the left aileron servo as LAIL-04, it would still function correctly as the left aileron servo. However any addition programming you did in the XBus menu under the label LAIL-01 would not apply to it.

Concerning the AILE -> FLAP premix SW SEL submenu, the flight modes in the will be greyed out if you haven't set them up first. Go to the Device SEL menu, click on INH under FLIGHT MODE, and pick a flight mode switch. Any three-position switch other than CUSTOM will give you three flight modes. Clicking on CUSTOM, you can have up to six modes.

I normally set the POS0 rates to 0% and the POS1 rates in your case should both be set to +100%. After you have chosen a flight mode switch, set only FM(0) to 1 in the SW SEL submenu. Doing this, the flaps will act as ailerons only when flight mode 0 is active.

The thing to remember about the SW SEL is that when the AND option isn’t checked if any switch is in the position that is marked by a 1, the POS1 rates apply. Otherwise, the POS0 mix rates are used. If the AND is marked, then all the switches that are marked by a 1 have to be in the position marked by the 1 before the POS1 rates are used. If one or more of the marked switches are not in the 1 position, the POS0 rates apply.

In all mixes where you don’t intend to have the throttle stick change the mix rates, make sure the THRO STIK is set to INH and not to zero or some other small number. When the THRO STIK is activated and the stick position is less than the position represented by the THRO STIK number, the POS1 mix rates take affect regardless of the SW SEL setting. If the THRO STIK is set to zero and not INH and you pull back hard on the stick, there may be enough gimbal play that you will unexpectedly get the POS1 mix rates.

The FLAP SYS menu allows pitch and roll correction for each flap position. If you want the flaps to retract when the throttle is advanced, activate AUTO THRO in the FLAP SYS menu. When the throttle stick is advanced beyond the trip point, the flaps, ailerons, and elevator will go to the NORM settings.

Don't change the Device Sel unless you intend to change the settings. The Device Sel you posted is not the default and you don't want it to be. It is what happened after you paired the ailerons and flaps. The default Device Sel doesn't represent an aircraft whose configuration has paired ailerons and flaps.

The aileron and flap trims activated in the Wing Type menu are special trims. The aileron trim in the Wing Type menu makes the ailerons move in the manner of flaperons. The flap trim in Wing Type makes the flaps move in the manner of ailerons. If activated, they will use either the right or left upper center trim levers. The upper left trim lever is the normally used for the normal flap trim. You can disable the normal flap trim in the TRIM SYSTEM menu and use its lever for one of these special trims. Since each of these trims affect both paired surfaces as a unit, they are more convenient than using the SUB TRIM menu at the field. Use them If you feel a need for them. Otherwise I would leave these trims inhibited.

Let me know what switches you chose for the flight mode and FLAP SYS so that I can follow your programming.

Allan

Last edited by AWorrest; 04-03-2018 at 09:10 PM.