RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMT NL Pegasus HP questions
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2018, 08:29 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by mr_matt
Hi everyone,

I have one of these now and I don't really know much about it but a couple of hopefully simple questions have come up:

1.) Will these run on #2 diesel?
2.) It has a version 2 ECU, with electric, propane start. Will a 4 cell A123 ECU pack be ok?

Thanks in advance,
Matt,
It's a horrible terrible awful engine, you should just save yourself the headache and send it to me for safe keeping!
If you got the one that was recently for sale on RCU you won the lottery in my opinion. I am and will forever be an AMT fan.
I don't have a Pegasus HP, but I do have 2 AMT NL Pegasus engines, an AMT NL Olympus and an Olympus HP, as well as a few of the old USA Peggy's.
The best person to ask these questions to is Bennie at AMT NL. He's only a short email away.
I believe it was asked once about Diesel and from what I remember it's not recommended, I have always just run clear Kerosene with Aeroshell 500 oil though diesel would be more cost effective and simpler.
As for the ECU pack, All of my Pegasus engines are run using 3S lipo packs (11.1V) and my olympus HP uses a 4S pack. I'm sorry I can't be of more help with this, like I say, Bennie is the guy I would ask and if you ever decide you just don't want that terrible lump of an engine be sure and let me know! hahaha.
Jeremy