RCU Forums - View Single Post - XG11 Giving me Fits
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2018, 03:15 PM
tomfiorentino

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Allan,

Thank you for another wonderful post! Very helpful...

Here is what I did:

I have selected the FLAP SW for my FLIGHT MODE. Works great. I like that better than what I was thinking originally and I will find a different way to handle smoke. I have also ACT the AUTO THRO in FLAP SYS, set it to 25% for now and it produces the desired effect of retracting flaps when the throttle is advanced, regardless of the position of the FLAP SW. All are producing desired effects.

FYI, I have confirmed that my transmitter has software has version 0002-0012 over in TX SETTINGS.

Question: You indicated in your post that when channels are paired the names and functions change. However, I do not show channels listed as you indicated; RAIL, RFLP, LAIL and LFLP. So maybe something is not right with my xBus? If I understood you correctly, I should see the channels you indicated. I don’t. In DEVICE SEL, I still have AUX3 to LAIL, AUX5 to LFLP and FLAP to SYS with no display for RAIL. Therefore, I am not able to make the wing servo assignments that you have of LAIL-01, LFLP-01, RFLP-01 and RAIL-01. But honestly, I don’t fully appreciate this area yet.

In terms of control surface functioning at this point...FLAPS move properly as FLAPS and the outside ailerons move properly as ailerons....at all FLAP SW settings. However, FLAP-02 (which currently is the right wing panel flap ID, moves the wrong way as an aileron...at any setting. Reversing direction in xBus doesn’t work and I also can’t make the AILE to FLAP mix negative 100%, that doesn’t work either??

Also, not that it matters and just by way of observation on the MONITOR, any time the FLAPS are moving in response to the AUTO THRO stick position setting, they funtion only as flaps. Even when they are fully returned to neutral. The only move as ailerons when the FLAP SW is returned to its top position.

Again...I can’t thank you enough Allan. You could write a XG11 manual!

Tom