RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Giant Top Flite F6F Hellcat coming soon?
Old 04-06-2018, 05:50 PM
dionysusbacchus
My Feedback: (25)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonboy2
I wonder if there is any chance a Saito Radial would fit under that cowel? In particular the Saito FG90r3. The FG60r3 might be Ok but I prefer the extra horse power of the 90. If I am not mistaken, I think the only airframe right now that TF sells that the FG90r3 will fit in is the Focke-wulf. It would be awesome if it would fit in this new Hellcat as well. Anybody know the cowel dimensions of this bird yet?
That engine is close to 10" in diameter, I was able to calculate that the cowl is 9 1/2" at the center of the DLE engine head from side to side. From the top view the cowl does not get much wider, only on the side view. The Hellcat cowl is not round like the Corsair of course. From what I can see the FG90r3 will not fit. The smaller 60 radial would definitely fit. I could be wrong, so we shall see.

I will go with the smaller radial and open the cowl flaps. I already have a brand new set of Robarts for this and radials are cheap now and run so much better than single piston vibration makers.