RCU Forums - View Single Post - Crackerbox electric motor + esc recommendations
Old 04-10-2018, 02:37 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by mohhasco
Hello Guys ... I need some technical help ....

I bought brushed dc motor 775 from (aliexpress(dot)com) and an ESC (RC Boat 7.2-14.8V 480A ESC 380/540/775 Brushed Motor Speed Controller Dual Mode Regulator).

The seller told me they work together fine ... However, I am using a 12V/12A Lead Acid battery to operate the system and I would like to use the Arduino to control everything on the boat. I am using Xbee for communication. My questions are:

1. Is the battery fine to be used along with ESC and motor? Is the ESC is suitable for the motor ?

2. I am not using an RC receiver. Instead I am using Arduino to send control signals. The ESC has three wires for control: black, red, and white. I connect the black to GND, White to PWM signal from the Arduino. What about the red ? Do I connect it to the Vcc = 5V ?

You help is highly appreciated... Thanks
Okay, time to give you a head's up. You have asked the same question in three unrelated threads. This is considered "spamming" and is not allowed. You would be better served by starting your own thread as you're taking three other people's threads and and doing what's referred to as "hijacking" them.

Last edited by Hydro Junkie; 04-10-2018 at 02:41 AM.