RCU Forums - View Single Post - BJ Craft Eternity
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 06:56 PM
shannah
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Next up is the flying stab installation.

First, install the stab tube socket into the fuse. Then check it for level and proper side to side alignment.

Glue the socket in place with CA.

Double check the stab alignment to make sure the halves are properly aligned in incidence and side to side. Mine was fine. In the past I had to make a minor adjustment here and there, but this one was right on the money.

Next, I always line the root of the flying stabs with felt. I got mine from Hobby Lobby. It helps the stab glide easily on the fuse and allows you to keep an even gap.

Make sure you notice the side of the stabs that have the hard points for the screws. One side has screws, the other side does not. The side without screws is the one that you glue the CF rods in for permanent installation. The right side has the screws, the left side is glued in.

I finished up by making the servo mount for my Futaba 9170SV servo. B.J. recommends this for the stab. I am going all SBUS on this one, as I did on my Agenda. For that matter, all airplanes I build are SBUS now. I love it. The servo programming app is cool and lets you fine tune everything. Quick and easy.