RCU Forums - View Single Post - Transport damage :-(
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 10:11 AM
KenKi6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was indeed nitro + 3 letters :-) They where the ones with the best offer, so I went for it. After all, it is a little expensive when you go metal :-) I'm well aware nothing is maintenance free, especially not things that moves, but I bought this thing to be ready to go out of the box. If I were to do any work on any tanks, it would be if I bought a kit, or decided to upgrade something later on. I'm not totally stupid regarding screwdrivers or "handywork", but I want to choose what to work on and when, and that's not going to be a brand new ready to go tank :-)
I'm also having trouble seeing how I would be able to fix the exhausts that are broken, although it's an "all metal" tank, there's still plastic on it. The tank body is plastic, so are the exhausts, and I think the body is made from a single cast/mold. So the exhausts would be "born" with the body, and therefore not replaceable (correct me if I'm wrong), I don't see any screws holding them in place. EDIT: I was wrong, just looked inside and there are screws holding the exhausts in place. The extent of damage to the turret is unknown, maybe something inside is broken so I wouldn't be able to fit a new turret. I didn't want to use or open the tank until I heard from their customer service, I wouldn't risk them trying to pin the broken parts on myself. Maybe I'll try opening it to see how bad the damage is inside.
I've asked them if they would repair it, or send me a new tank if I return it. Waiting for their reply...
Man it sucks, I was so looking forward to driving my new baby around.........but right now I just enjoy looking at it, even when it's broke, it's pretty

Thank you all for replying, it's good to know there's qualified people out there willing to help a newbie tanker

Last edited by KenKi6; 04-17-2018 at 10:20 AM.