RCU Forums - View Single Post - First in Flight Jet Rally May 23-27
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2018, 05:37 PM
jsnipes
My Feedback: (3)

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I thought you were going to say THE BEEF MASTER!! That right there is an opportunity missed. LOL!

JS

Originally Posted by RC Larry-RCU
OK Folks
A few of us took a trip down to Wilson this afternoon to look for potential venues to hold our Saturday Night Banquet. Smelling all that avgas, jet-A and dust the old hanger has to offer has been ok the last few years, but dog gone it,,,, It's just been too damn hot sometimes! Oh, and lets not forget the outstanding acoustics!!!!!! So,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I have a bit of good news for everyone. This years Saturday Night Banquet will be held at the Ellis Convention Center located just 4 miles from the airport. Its an easy drive and takes just a few minutes to get to.
Another plus (besides air conditioning!) is they have a ton of parking that will easily accommodate anyone wishing to pull their trailers out on Saturday night. There's even enough room for the DeSandre Train!!!! lol Seriously,,,,,,,,,, They do Don!!
We'll be using the big hangar for day and night storage as usual, and everyone is welcome to leave their trailers/planes on site through Monday morning if needed. Don't forget we keep the runway open all day on Sunday to!
Depending on how you guys like the venue, we have the option to use it again. But current plans are to move it to the Hampton off I-95 next year.

So,,,,,,,,, No more echo,o o o o o's No more dust, and no more swamp air! lol We're A/C'n it this years boys!!!

Same as years past, the banquet is covered with your pilot's registration.

4 weeks and counting!