RCU Forums - View Single Post - Section 336 petition
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2018, 10:27 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by franklin_m
I suspect that if 336 is repealed, the FAA will write rules for model aircraft (God forbid) for recreational operations. I suspect it'll be what I call a "107 lite" where the person takes an online knowledge test as part of the registration process. The test will be on the "107 lite" recreational operational rules, reading a section so the person understands where they can and cannot fly, how to read a TFR/NOTAM, and where to get info.

I don't think it's going to be awful if it's repealed.
I didn't for a minute think the FAA had any intentions whatsoever of abdicating it's complete rule over the airspace to a private organization (the AMA) . If they had any such intentions , they would have accepted the "AMA number as FAA number" plan back when the AMA first broached the idea at the beginning of #336 . It is my personal belief that in the meantime of the existence of #336 , those who run the FAA have seen countless of the "Mayhem Field" type videos and decided it's best not to let a private organization with no enforcement power/authority have separate control of devices operating in it's (the FAA's) airspace .

Anyone see this any differently ?