RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2018, 04:31 AM
Jesse Open

Received 91 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Old Fart
Jesse most of the saito engine and airframe to fly them people here have a grandson that,given some spanners and a sunday afternoon can put your 55 trumpy back in to those cardboard boxes.Nicely done resto,the big money paid at auction now is for bikes with the original patina specially jack ehrets as raced vincent black lightning he signed.Went for a million US over your way and came back where it belongs to an aussie buyer.

Dave...never restrict yourself to just riding harleys it cramps your experience and why torture yourself when life can be so short pard?
I remember seeing that Jack Ehrets bike sale! Glad to see it back where it belongs . Remember Rollie Free?
. I have always preferred preservation over restoration and rarely subject a machine to that stuff.
Aside from a connecting rod bearing that was damaged by the previous owner when he took the bike apart;; Along with a few gaskets, tiresdtubes , hoses , battery etc ,That Triumph is ORIGINAL. That IS the "patina".

Sorry about the [post above. I'm not used to the glitches on this site yet.

Dave, No need to stop riding . A 1000 mile day is a good start. BTW, That 90 mile ride in the cold rain sounds very nice. Let us know how it went when you get back.

Last edited by Jesse Open; 04-24-2018 at 06:30 AM. Reason: Removwed tounque in cheek comments lest they be taken the wrong way :)