RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pilot-rc PREDATOR 2.2m Sport jet / full composite
Old 05-05-2018, 07:48 PM
alfawaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie to Jets

Dear all,

I have been reading through the thread and I am very pleased to hear everyones' experiences. However, I am wondering if this would be a decent first jet? I have been flying for couple years and transitioned quickly from trainer to 120cc 3D airplanes as this is mainly what I have been flying for the past two years. So I was thinking about building another 120cc this season, however I am kinda getting bored of strictly flying 3D airplanes. So been recently thinking into transition into jets and the looks and flying performance (price also) seems to be very reasonable. What does everyone think? Should I start with a predator?
I know some may argue that I am better off starting with a boomerang or something similar, but finance could be an issue as I won't be able to spend this much every couple weeks. My turn around time for building a 70cc-120cc airplanes is about a year and half to 2 years. Which means if I were to buy a boomerang I won't be able to afford a sport jet for couple at least the next two years. Hence, I am trying to jump into some forgiving sports jet. Hope to hear everyone's input it would be greatly appreciated.