RCU Forums - View Single Post - Goldberg Extra 300
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 05:02 AM
Gryphus31

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello everyone !

So, big news ! Yesterday I was at my local airfield. Some people from my club helped me (a lot) with the engine that aparently needed more than a few tuning. We openned the carburator, everything was sticked together from the last of oil. Anyway, we managed after one hour to get the engine running.
Today was the big day ! I finally (after 8 years of building) managed to get this Extra into the big blue. It flies like a charm ! I haven't tried yet any harsh manoeuver. But the DLE30 really pushes the aircraft. I can easily maintain vertical ascention. Inverted flight also is ridiculously easy. However does this engine suck gas !!! I was empty in 7 minutes (I did went through some heavy trials before take off without putting gas in the tank again but hell...). Did I mention that even though it is a very good flier it does not glide well at ALL. Anyway, now to check if everything is in place and working good !

Also, my local airfield has a grass runway, and this Extra is very very very very (did I say very ?) easy to toggle head first into the grass when taking off. Any tips ? Problem is.. it is well balanced when in flight...

Anyway ! Thank you for your support everyone ! I'll keep you posted in the future once I'll throw more flights into this big boy.