RCU Forums - View Single Post - Heng Long M41 "Modernization" build.
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2018, 11:05 AM
Fsttanks

Received 251 Likes on 148 Posts

Finally received the accessory parts for the turret from overseas and had some time to start installing and test fitting. PLEASE NOTE this is still rough and needs final finishing work and paint.

Turret got its smoke launchers (might add a few more?), new CITS, new muzzle end for the 105 and I relocated the gunners DTS from the left over to the right. I did install a CROWS type system I build up, but the turret of the Heng Long M41 is so out of scale that I did not care too much for the way it looked. Tried three different location two of which if this was a real install would have caused issues with clearances and safety. The third had no issues on the tank, but the CROWS larger size made it seem to sit higher than the stock M2, though it actually sits lower. If you would like to see photos of the CROWS on the turret I can add some as I am open to constructive feed back to use it or not.

Testing is still proceeding with the Abrams sprocket and track ( as seen in photos) and to date it has been running flawless. Going to keep it as part of the upgrade (yes, I know it would not physically fit on real M41) since it works so well and adds a more modern, tougher and heavier look to the lower hull.

Here are some photo as the turret is currently. There are a few areas on the lower turret glances that are blurred out as the "add-on" part is still being "tweaked". Sorry the photo quality is a little low this time.

As always your constructive input and questions are welcome.

Last edited by Fsttanks; 05-09-2018 at 11:12 AM.