RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/4 Scale Pfalz DIIIa
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2018, 08:01 AM
mgnostic

Received 84 Likes on 72 Posts

Finally getting the hang of my software and shrinking my photos. This is a picture of my servo plate and the walking beam for the elevator. This is basically the cockpit floor. And the walking beam will be below the pilots seat. I'm still debating on how much cockpit detail to do. The full scale plane didn't have a lot of instruments to start with but the tachometer is large and front and center so I will do at least that. I also want a pilot bust. the Pfalz has a pretty deep fuselage so there is room to perch a pilot's seat over the servo plate which sits down in the bottom of the plane. The seat will have to be removable because the main access to the servos will be through the cockpit opening. I'm not sure how much it will show but it won't be difficult to make an ammo box that attaches to the F4 former. Most of the controls are on either side of the fuselage, fuel on one side, mag switches and aux mag on the other. Like other WWI fighters the Pfalz had some of its controls mounted on the stick, so there are opportunities for detailing here as well. There are some items of scale detail that are inherent to the design or that have to be included as construction progresses but where it is superficial or can be added after the structure is completed I will probably hold off until I know that the airplane flies reasonably well.