RCU Forums - View Single Post - CARF Joker build thread
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 04:42 AM
MikeBravoJoker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scaryxxl
Hi there
I am the owner of this video .
I explain what happened, the main control unit that comes with my joker kit was bad from factory, I went to jetsmunt factory to check why the control unit doesn't work and it seams the 2s lipo works fine for barkes but to power the retracts the + cable was comunicated with the + of the receiver so the unit was burned. so please check it carefully the + cable is not comunicated.
also I purchuase a Xicoy main retracts system until carf models send me a new one.
the video was done to show it to carf models.
Hi , thanks for the post.
after flying RC airplanes for 35 years, I finally made it to jets, and starting with the Joker was the perfect decision (other friends started with Macchi339 and A4, with drastically different enjoyment levels..).
There are only a couple of things I'd improve on the model, one is a dismountable nose cone, to be able to start and stop the plane without having to unscrew the canopy every time.
The other thing is its landing gear. Although its electrical simplicity is very enchanting, its springs are a bit on the strong side for the low overall weight, making it bouncy if you don't flare off correctly when landing. I saw you used a Xicoy retract while yours was replaced, could you share which one you used, and what the experience was?

Thank you!