RCU Forums - View Single Post - Rubik's Nitro
Thread: Rubik's Nitro
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 05:48 AM
aspeed

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jester_s1
I am having trouble understanding why you wouldn't want to run 5% in your bigger engine. It's cheaper, which will make a difference in the long run. 5% will run just fine in glow engines made for the American market too (OS, Saito, etc). You may notice the idle won't go quite as low, and you may notice a small decrease in power. For racing or aerobatics that might be an issue, but otherwise it's nothing to worry about.
For racing and speed events, in my circles, we are limited to 10% nitro, and it is supplied at the contests. In the US it is normally Sig fuel. When I fly anything it is usually 10% because I have it around. I will mix up some stronger stuff sometimes for the 1/2A planes. They don't use much. A cup full is enough for a while. Funny abut Tim the Toolman. I was a toolmaker and have quite a collection of tools. When I started flying in about 1969, the first time I saw another guy flying, I wanted to race. Our MAAC (like AMA) magazine was called "Competition Canada" Things change over the years. Fun Flies now, no competition much any more. Scale? Pylon is fizzling out in many areas.