RCU Forums - View Single Post - old timers look here must be 50+ years only
Old 05-20-2018, 09:49 PM
Telemaster Sales UK

Received 146 Likes on 123 Posts

Yesterday at the club's flying field. The Retired Ship's Engineer gives everyone the the benefit of his knowledge and experience!

The young man in the hat and sunglasses is Ludovic referred to above in Posts 5878 and 5959. He works for the Volkswagen agency in Gueret repairing customers' bent cars! Check out the finish on his flight box! He's practicing for his national qualifications using the small model you see in the picture. It's powered by an old Enya 19 which he has managed to get to run impeccably. He didn't build that particular model, he bought it ready made from a bereavement sale I believe. He usually builds his own models some of them from foam, some from depron others from balsawood. He obviously likes to build which is why he opted for the plan-less kit of the Topflite P47 Thunderbolt referred to in Post 5959. I have managed to get a plan from another expatriate Englishman in La Charente Maritime on condition that I have it copied and send the copy back to him.

We are holding a Qualification Day this coming Saturday. I have all of the French fixed wing qualifications but have been dragooned into taking glider qualifications. Not my main interest! I have been loaned a simple three channel electric powered foam glider for the exam which I flew in a stiff breeze for the first time yesterday. It was quite interesting. It's Pacques (Passover?) here in France today which is a national holiday so I'll probably have another go with the model later on once I've got the garden sorted out.

Ludo's young lady, Alison, stands on the left of the picture. She has been known to fly a trainer on a buddy box with your humble servant.