RCU Forums - View Single Post - OS 12CV Repair Parts
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 04:45 PM
Mr.Alvaro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question OS 12CV Repair Parts

Hi everybody, me again .

Here is my current situation. I managed to restore my HPI NITRO RS4, Is up and running, just waiting for the back muffler so it will be entire original. The engine runs great, buy when restoring it, I found that the front and rear bearing are a little worn out, they are not as smooth as they are supposed to. I went through amazon and found the 2 bearings but the combined price is a little over $50. Also checking for other parts (piston, cylinder, connecting rod, crankshaft) the price goes up to nearly $180. So now here is my question, it is really worth to buy those parts to replace pretty much the whole engine when the time come or better forget about it use it until die and get another one, maybe a .15/.18? If the best option is the number 2, which engine do you guys recommend. I am planning on do some changes on the car and probably add a 2 speed transmission.

For extra info, I am using Torco Fuel Air 20% Oil, 25% Nitro. I didn't use the one for cars because on the engine manual it says fuel with at least 18% Oil. Also using new but old time stored Hobbypower Glow Plug N4.

Thanks for the help.